About Me

My photo
I am someone who always wanted to write, but never took the time. So now you can read my thoughts for the moment. Keeping up with my little family seems hectic at times...but it's my favorite thing to do!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Let's BOWL...

Every year there is a bowling tournament in Wichita, KS.  This would be our 2nd year to attend. (the first year we went I was pregnant with Ainsley, so it's only fitting that the next time I would be pregnant again!)
It's pretty fun...and you get to meet lots of fun people.
The first day is Team Bowling.  Noah and Brian bowled with our team and with another team, so they began at 2pm.  Our team didn't start until 6pm.
They are both incredible bowlers and did VERY WELL.
Our last game Noah had 9 strikes in a row!  He opened in the 10th. 
(if bowling isn't for you, here is what that means: if would have finished the game with strikes he would have bowled a 300/perfect game!) SO CLOSE!!


While waiting to bowl we stopped by Gordman's and shopped around. Ainsley took my camera and got some "great" pics of all of us!

And Brian ordered us a pizza...I'm not sure why, but he ordered the BIGGEST PIZZA EVER!
Check this thing out!

Do you see how big the pan is?!?!  It's almost 2 people wide!! LOL
Needless to say, he got some to go boxes.
And when you bowl so many games...you get kind of silly!
Somehow we got to the point when anyone marked we gave them the "wiggles"
(aka  Moose ears that wiggled)
Now...I promised Evva I would NOT put this picture on Facebook, so the blog will just have to do!

Wouldn't this make you want to mark every time?!?!  hahahahaha
The teams bowling next to us even got in on it...well, between their backflips (yes, actual backflips) and the ESPN theme song!

On the second day...with some VERY TIRED friends, we bowled doubles/singles.
Brother/Sister against Brother/Sister....Noah/Me vs. Buddy/Susie
By the 5th game, I felt lucky to even get the ball to the pins!  :)
But all in all, I think we did well.  Noah bowled the best I've seen him bowl! 
For the most part, I bowled over my average.  I think maybe just 2 games I was below. (one game just one pin below!)
It was a fun weekend.  But I can't say I look forward to bowling that much in 2 days for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers