About Me

My photo
I am someone who always wanted to write, but never took the time. So now you can read my thoughts for the moment. Keeping up with my little family seems hectic at times...but it's my favorite thing to do!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pre-K ROCKS!!

Oh my....oh my....
My big girl is starting all day Pre-K.
What will I do with myself?!?!
On Friday, Ainsley got a sweet postcard from her teacher saying how excited she was to meet her.
Mrs Jared is her name.  

Monday, we headed to the meet and greet.
We got to meet Mrs Jared and see Ainsley's classroom.
She was so excited!
Her cubby
Her chair at her table.
She even has her own locker!!

After we left the classroom, we went to the cafeteria so she could see where she ate lunch.
We walked around and checked out the bathrooms...and the sinks....
We strolled through the halls and checked out the library and the gym before heading outdoors to see the playground.
She loved all of it!!
This kid couldn't hardly stand to wait to come back and go the library!

Bright and early Thursday morning (today) we headed to BWEE for Ainsley to have her very first day at "real" school.
This precious kid of mine did fantastic!
I was a nervous wreck because I had no idea what would happen when I left her there all day.
Thank God, we had KK in her class.
I didn't request it.  I thought if it was meant to be...it will be.
I have said so many thank you prayers in the past couple days.  :)
We had to take the obligatory pictures before the first day...
Aren't they the most precious little girls ever?!?!
 It turns out, she liked it.  She said she didn't love it....but she liked it.
And people, that's as good as it gets with her!
She likes her teacher.
She likes her room.
She likes that KK is there.
She didn't get to the library (yes she told me this), but she can wait a few days. 
And she wants to go back!
HALLELUJAH!!

So here's my beginning as a "school mom".  I've waiting my whole life for this and so far (just the one day) it's everything I have hoped for!

Ainsley, I am so proud of you....my BIG GIRL!  The first of many first days of school.  I will be there for every one.  You can count on it.  Even if you don't like it!
I love you....and love you...and love you..
Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers