About Me

My photo
I am someone who always wanted to write, but never took the time. So now you can read my thoughts for the moment. Keeping up with my little family seems hectic at times...but it's my favorite thing to do!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ainsley is Three!

I began this day three years ago utterly exhausted! And I've never recovered!
At 36 weeks, I had an ultrasound to check Ainsley's growth and was told she was a little on the small side.  My belly hadn't grown in 2 weeks and this made me nervous.  My dr, however, didn't seem to think anything was wrong.  At my appt at 37 weeks (and 4 days) I still didn't measure any bigger, so I was told she was ready to induce to make sure my placenta wasn't "giving out".  And I will quote her, "Do you want Friday or Tuesday?"  I thought Friday was a little soon...I mean three days away?!?  But if I got to choose her birthday, I had my reasons not to wait. 
So on Thursay August 30th, we checked into Grady Memorial Hosptial at around 10pm and got this process started!
Here I am all hooked up and ready for bed!  It wasn't the most comfortable night of my life...and I didn't really sleep much.  I was ready to hold my baby!
Bright and early, my sweet nurse Brandy came in and turned on the horrible pitocin.  She's lucky I liked her...
Dr Kathy came in and broke my water around 9am and thus began the horredous pain.  (Honestly, it hurt...but I could have handled it for a while as long as I wasn't talking or moving!)  However, with the pit, my contractions were coming really fast and I just couldn't catch my breath.  So I kindly asked for an epidural.  I knew that it would take him a minute or an hour to get there, so I braced myself!
And soon the medicine was in place and I was relaxed! And we waited.
And waited....
And waited...
I wasn't progressing at all.  I had dilated to a 4, but nothing else was happening.  It was a busy day at GMH and my dr had to do an emergency c-section, so she came in and looked (felt) me over and said we were going to be cutting it close.  And she recommended I go ahead with a c-section.  It was a little after 5pm and I was ready to get this show started!  She was already headed to someone in more need than me, so again;
we waited.
But in the mean time, shifts changed so I got a new nurse.  The surgery team came in and got me all set up.  The anethestisologist that was going to be with me in surgery came in and gave me a boost for the wait...and surprisingly enough, when they turned off my pit, Ainsley moved right back up under my ribs to wait.
Here we are just waiting for our c-section
One last belly shot...see how dark my "line" was?!?
A little after 8pm I was wheeled back to the OR.  This was my first experience being in one as a patient, so I took it all in...and tried to stay relaxed.  Soon after everyone barged in and Joe came back to be with me.
At 8:43pm, Ainsley Kate Neal arrived.  She was 6lbs 11oz and 18in long.  (which there is a debate for because 6 days later she was 19 3/4in.  Hmmm)
She was beautiful and perfect!  I cannot describe this moment and you will never understand unless you are a parent yourself.  It's amazing!
Almost my entire family was there to celebrate her arrival.  Many had been there for hours!  So Joe took her out while I went to recovery.  By the time I got to my room, most everyone had left...except ALL her grandparents, of course. 
When I got home, I knew my life would never be the same.  She was more important than anything else.
My daughter and I just bonded.
During that first year, she did so much!  And grew so much!  First words, first steps, first foods, all of the fun firsts.  It went by WAY TO FAST! 
But having her 1st Birthday party was the best first of all!  We got to celebrate with all of the people who were there to celebrate the arrival.  They all came back to help celebrate her first year of life!

She was just really beginning to get into her babies.

By the time her second birthday rolled around...she was into so many things.  I asked her what kind of birthday party she would like, and she said..."YO GABBA GABBA"
She loved watching this show.  We watched it many times a day.  So I did my best and she loved all the Gabba stuff!


The love for her babies just got stronger!

And now that the 3rd party has rolled around...I opted for a more normal theme.  This may be the last year she will let me have an opinion, so I took advantage.
ICE CREAM!!  She love ice cream and it was so easy to decorate.  She has gotten so many more friends in the past year, I don't think they were going to fit in my house.  So her party was at a local park.  We all had a great time!

While she STILL loves her babies...she enjoys playing dress up with KK.

Three years have gone by much to quickly.  I'm so grateful for having a camera and getting to capture these fun moments. 

 I love you, my darling daughter.  You are everything I've ever dreamed of. 
Happy 3rd Birthday.
Love, Mommy


*On a side note, I want to express another emotion I will always feel on this day.  While today is the best day of my life, my sweet friend experienced the worst day of her life.  I share this day with her by never forgetting.  She lived a nightmare that no mother ever wants to.  She is strong and amazing...and I am a better person because of her.  And her sweet angel made me a better mother.  I will cherish everyday with my Princess.  And every August 31st, I will celebrate that Ainsley is with me...and say a prayer for my friend and her angel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers