About Me

My photo
I am someone who always wanted to write, but never took the time. So now you can read my thoughts for the moment. Keeping up with my little family seems hectic at times...but it's my favorite thing to do!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ainsley's 1st "last day of school"

Today was Ainsley's last day of school
It has been a bumpy road...but we both made it!  It was such a bitter sweet day for both of us.  I can't believe it went by so fast.  And she didn't want it to end!  She even told a friend she would see them on Monday.
The class hosted a picnic for the final day and everyone brought such fun goodies.  And I got to talk to some of the other moms I don't get to see too often.  (I'm assuming these will be my friends for years to come)
We both enjoyed getting to visit and "play" with our friends.
The teachers posted a little something said by all of the children throughout the school year.
I can honestly say, I have been in this position many times.  And you know we NEVER go without Dolly Dolphin.

Today all of the kids drew on a big sheet for the picnic.  I'm not sure exactly what this is...but she said it was me in the middle.  :)
After we ate, Ainsley headed out to play with her friends...

She's writing her name on the sidewalk.

Then, of course, she headed for the swings.

Laney joined her.  Ainsley really likes Laney.
At the first of the year, Ainsley had only one friend at school.  Her name was Ryan.
Ryan has a sister...and this is Laney.
She and Ainsley get along VERY well and Laney will be attending school next  year with Ainsley.
So good times ahead for us!!
Then on to the slide!
Ainsley, Laney, Alexis and Ryan
They tried to teeter totter...but just couldn't make it work
We played and played...and then it was time to head home.
The teachers wanted to give Ainsley a hug, but only one was in her sights.
This is her favorite teacher, Mrs. Cook
I'm so excited that Mrs Cook will be back for the fall of next year.
I could not be more greatful for all of Ainsley's teachers this year.  As I said, we had a bumpy road and none of us would have survived without their patience and dedication.  We all just wanted Ainsley to like going to school there and they never gave up on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers