About Me

My photo
I am someone who always wanted to write, but never took the time. So now you can read my thoughts for the moment. Keeping up with my little family seems hectic at times...but it's my favorite thing to do!

Monday, September 27, 2010

STATE FAIR!

I LOVE THE STATE FAIR!!  It's one of my favorite things to do.  And I don't just like the OK State Fair...Any ole state fair will do!  Joe and I took Ainsley when she was just 2 weeks old.  I know, I know...clearly I wasn't thinking straight.  BUT I really needed that fair food and wasn't ready to leave my baby.  Yes, she was bundled up and stayed in the stroller the ENTIRE time! (I have a pram type stroller so she really was enclosed)  And every year since, she has really started to enjoy the fair.
We eat jumbo corndogs...and roasted corn...and enjoy all the sights!  Ainsley's very favorite thing at the fair are the animals!  We invited Mammy and DanDan to go with us.  (We go every year on $1 Thursday)
But this is the first year we found the petting zoo!
 









I think she would have stayed there the entire night!!  She was very impressed by all the animals she could get close to!
And next, we headed to the barn.  She is a fan of the horses...but won't really get close!



And next we headed to see the cows.  There really weren't many there on Thurs night...but we got to see a few.
While we were walking through the barn, we met a little boy.  He had found some baby mice and wanted to show us.  They were so tiny!

(the little dark spots in the bucket are the mice)

Then we went to see the baby animals.  There were baby goats, baby chicks and baby pigs.  While we were there, a mama pig was actually giving birth.  We really couldn't get close, so Joe helped Ainsley get up high so she could see.

We love the fair!  But all Miss Ainsley wanted was a Dora balloon to take home.  Since she asks so little, we obliged!


The next Tues was $2 Tuesday at the fair...so we went back!  I just couldn't decline when Joe called...(hee hee)  This time we went to the same places, but walked into the buildings a little more.

My princess had so much fun!  We even found someone making balloon animals.  I thought she would be shy and not talk to him.  But she was such a big girl!  She picked out her balloon color and told him, very loud, that she wanted a puppy!
She loved that puppy!  Even after it came untied...she said it was a "swimming puppy"! 
Good times...good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers